Choosing a DME is not just about getting a machine!
We care for patients with the utmost of professionalism, respect and courtesy and highly value our long-term relationships. We are committed to our customers well-being and offer long term support on their compliance and healthy lifestyles. Patients have 24/7 access to a personal web portal with reminders to re-order tubes, chin straps, filters, replacement masks, mask cushions and more.
Resupply Me – Grove Medical’s CPAP Supply Management Program
Keeping your supplies fresh is vital to ensure the efficacy of CPAP. We offer patients a customized supply management program to align supply re-orders with each patient’s specific needs and individual insurance company guidelines. Patients have 24/7 access to a personal web portal with reminders to re-order hoses, chin straps, filters, tubes and more. While the patient portal is the most efficient and timely approach, patients may opt to receive an automated call or a call from one of our staff members. Patients receive an email one month after their appointment with a link and instructions to set up their patient web portal. After you have set up your patient portal you can over our secure network.
Replacement schedules can vary with every insurance company, but here are some general guidelines based on Medicare’s Utilization Schedule:
- CPAPs and Humidifiers are considered to have a Reasonable Useful Lifetime of Five Years. However, if your device is over five years old, that does not mean that you can automatically get new equipment. You will need a new prescription from your doctor as well as the doctor’s explanation as to why the equipment must be replaced. It is insufficient to simply say that the device needs to be replaced because it is over five years old.
- Masks can be replaced as often as once every three months. Ironically, the headgear (the straps that hold the mask on your face) is only covered once every six months. At Grove, we recognize that when you are ready for a new mask, you’ll need new headgear as well, so if you order a new mask, we’ll make sure it comes with new headgear, even if we give it to you for free.
- The cushions (or nasal pillows) on the mask can be replaced as frequently as twice per month. Since Grove offers you opportunities to order supplies once every three months, you can get as many as six replacement cushions or pillows. If you use a Full Face Mask, the guidelines are different and your can only receive one replacement cushion per month (Three every three months).
- The six foot tube between your mask and the device can be replaced as often as once every three months.
- You are eligible for up to two disposable filters for the back of your CPAP every month (six every three months)
- If your device also has a gray foam (non-disposable) filter, it can be replaced as often as once every six months.
- We strongly recommend the use of distilled water for your humidifier. Doing so, and cleaning it regularly, should allow you to use the chamber that holds the water indefinitely. However, if the chamber needs replacement, it can be ordered every six months. (This item cannot be ordered via our Web Portal. Please call us at 510 263-3333 Option 3 if you need a replacement chamber)
After you have set up your patient portal you can order supplies over our secure network.